By thomas | October 31, 2008
Hey, it’s still October for a couple more hours. Better late than never I say. Hacks from the Past is a series of posts that I will do monthly that will go over past hacks so that new readers don’t have to bother digging through the archives. Here are 2007’s October hacks:
- Shinmai – rice fresh from the harvest. It looks, smells and tastes better. Read how to find it in the store.
- House brand cleaning products – Find out how to spot which house brands are good, and which ones to avoid.
- 300 yen steaks – Learn how to get steaks and other perishable food on the cheap.
- Akebi part 2 – I weigh in again on the crazy purple Japanese fruit.
- Reverse zousui – zousui isn’t just for saving old rice
- Plan your train trip online #1– for those of you who ride JR West
- Plan your train trip online #2 – for the rest of you
If you have any tips, send them in. I have a few reader-submitted tips on the way, so stay tuned.Like this post? Give me the Thumbs Up!
Share: Stumble This | Zoom This | JapanSoc This
Topics: Hacks From The Past | No Comments »Trackback